Karma Yoga through seva (selfless service) is a key component of our yogic lifestyle. Yogi Bhajan spoke about some aspect of Seva/Karma Yoga in almost every class he taught. He encouraged students to focus on giving rather than getting, to live with an attitude of gratitude for all blessings and all challenges, to act as a forklift and uplift others in need, and to serve humanity with love.
Seva means doing a service, a service with no return. That is how grace gets multiplied,
when you are not seeking any return.
~Yogi Bhajan 7/20/81
Organizational Gathering Saturday, February 17
Hardev & Gurucharan’s home - 7700 NE Alameda St 97213
- There is a need to help others here in Portland and you can make a difference
- Seva is a key element in our yogic lifestyle and we need to create a path for people to participate
- Focus on the first sutra: “Recognize the other person is you!” - this is a wonderful opportunity to manifest this in your life!
- When you serve others, you also serve give yourself an amazing gift - an attitude of gratitude and a big boost of love!!!!!!
This meeting will focus on potential seva projects and identify our first community effort. After a Yogi Bhajan video class, we’ll have tea and cookies and fold our meeting.
- Potential seva opportunities
- Selecting our first event (timing, location, supplies, communication plan, etc.)
- Next Steps
- Exploring the future (frequency, combining with other events, working with other organizations, etc.)
- Core seva team members
Questions & Suggestions
Please contact Anandjot at AnandjotMichael@gmail.com.