KYPDX to support
Habitat for Humanity on June 9
Date of build: Saturday, June 9, 8:30am - 3:30pm
Registration deadline: Friday, May 25 - follow this link to register.
- There is a need to help others here in Portland and you can make a difference
- Seva is a key element in our yogic lifestyle and we need to create a path for people to participate
- Focus on the first sutra: “Recognize the other person is you!” - this is a wonderful opportunity to manifest this in your life!
- When we serve others, we also serve give ourselves an amazing gift - an attitude of gratitude and a big boost of love!!!!!!
Here’s what came out of the meeting:
- Ideas for service include: cleaning up a local park, lot, or street of trash, serving food at a soup kitchen, random acts of kindness towards street people (food boxes, blankets, gloves, hats, etc.), working with Habitat for Humanity PDX, Central City Concern, joining the SOLVE cleanup on the coast on March 24
- For our first event, we are going to begin our seva (selfless service) by supporting another charitable group in the Portland area - this way we can leverage their organization and we just need to show up and help
- As we move forward (and as the weather improves) we will organize our own seva events